THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Safe Haven


I want to fall asleep to your voice,

to hear your soft spoken words,
to breath your eternal air,
because that is what keeps me alive.

I am not my own,
I am an image of what you are,
O God,
my Love,
my Savior,
my Reason,
my Keeper,
my Redeemer,
O Great Redeemer.

I feel as if I'm in a safe haven when you hold me,
you never let go,
I believe because you have created me to believe,
I breath because you, Lord, have placed oxygen in my lungs,
to praise you.
my Lord, 
my God,
my Safe Haven.

2 o'clock, and I'm sleepy, but I can't sleep. Strange, but I feel at peace. I spent some time with a couple of my best friends and my beautiful girlfriend. I'm very content right now, which is unusual because I can usually find a reason to be selfish and complain. I'm again going to attempt to fall asleep, after reading some of God's awesome word. Good night. 

0 comments: