THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 11, 2009

On Heroes

I have realized that a lot of the people I consider heroes are all from one place...


the Bible.

Paul is my best example. He was what I want to be, and always fail to replicate. He began as a 

sinner,

and ended as an outright lover of Christ. This is what I wish to be at some point. I wish that I could say that I speak about God every second to every person I meet, but on a worldly agenda, 
this will never happen. So right now, right here, I want to say something very important. I am thankful to our Lord for giving me the ability to love and cherish people. I am thankful for my beautiful girlfriend, who is my partner in Christ. I am thankful for the beautiful parents he has put in my life. I am thankful for my brother. I am thankful for all of my brothers and sisters in Christ because to me, they are in my immediate family. I'm thankful for the really hot summer days where one will sit in the shade of a tree and listen to the sounds of the birds and the trees whispering. I am thankful for the abilities I have been given; to hear music in a completely different way than some others. I am thankful for my guitar playing abilities. I am thankful for the very little artistic inclination that I have. Most of all, I am thankful for You God, my Father. Without You, nothing is possible, but with You, anything is possible. Without You, the birds of the air wouldn't sing and the trees wouldn't whisper in the wind. Without You, we are broken, lost, lonesome children without a dwelling place. You gave this beating heart to me, You gave this mind to me, and I love You so much for that. You are my everything, my soul redeemer, my reason for breathing every day. Now that I have said all of this, I will make what feeble attempt I may to honor You in all of this Lord. 

0 comments: