THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What Work Must be Done?


For the past couple of days, I have been striving hard at fighting something I usually give in to.....


My sin.

The message on Sunday was all about sin. Super convicting, yet completely refreshing. I loved being able to bring my sin before the Lord and say, "Lord, I can't fight this without you."

Because I can't.

I realize that all this time I have been trying to fight this junk all by myself, when the Creator of the universe is right there beside me to help when I'm falling. He always wants that relationship with us. He always wants to intervene and help wash the sin out. But a lot of times, we are convinced that we are strong enough to fight these urges on our own. It's a thought that provokes us all to shut off our souls to what the Lord truly wants for our lives. I think we are all on the same level in most respects, we just go about things in very different ways. Sue may sin "in an entirely different way" than Jack. We all hold our conviction on different levels, and that's where things can get dangerous. We start to think one sin is worse than another, which is not true, I believe. All sin is evil, therefore don't commit evil.

That's that.

It is a simple concept, yet a devastatingly challenging practice. All this week I have been making my best attempts at firing back against these issues, and I'm truly starting to realize just how true it is that the Lord has his hand in mine to guide me.

On the home front, we are almost done editing the drums for our cd. We have a title, which I will tell everyone once we figure out if it's permanent. I think the music will sound great, and I feel good because my very good friend and I are producing it together. I love that. I love being able to share in a production like this with an awesome person. I'm learning so much from him. It goes way beyond music. Nonetheless, we are keeping busy, trying to always be productive, and I think it's super fun and exciting to see what we can do with the gifts the Lord has bestowed upon us. The gift of laughter. Hands, feet, legs, arms.....and everything else we never notice. Overall, this week is going well. I'm headed back to work next week, which I am super excited for! I love my job. It's so awesome, and I am so thankful I was given the opportunity to be there. Anyway, this is all for now.

P.S. If you haven't heard of the band I posted the album art for, you should check them out, they rock!


0 comments: