THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, June 15, 2009

Partnership


Today was a beautiful day.


It all started with God's word. Today's message was aimed at the idea of partnership. When choosing people to be in partnership with, you have to consider a few things. One of these few things is dependability. Having a dependable person in your life is key to keeping in touch with them at all times, no matter what. I have many friends that I am not always thankful enough for who seriously are dependable. They are there no matter what. I love each and every one of them for that. Dependability was the asset in partnership that caught my attention the most. I don't feel like I am always 100% dependable, and I wish I could be there, but God knows I need a lot of work.

After hearing the word, I went to pick up Alex and go to practice. We stopped at Taco Bell (of course) on the way. Order as follows: Two nacho cheese chalupas (chicken, no lettuce or tomato), crunchy taco (no lettuce, instead of beef, add chicken) and a Diet Pepsi. Great meal. After this smorgasbord, we headed to the music room, and dished out some awesome tunes. But seriously, everything sounded a lot more tight today, with very little timing issues. Our music came together really solid today, and I was really feeling it. After practice, Alex, Andrew and I had some awesome burgers my dad made.

Funny story.

My dad had only made 2 extra burgers, so I had to make my own. Basically, I threw the burger on the grill and let it sit. I flipped it a couple times, to get it fully cooked. Then, suddenly, it came to my mind to start slapping the burger, no apparent reason for this. After slapping it repeatedly, the patty completely fell apart, leaving me thwarted and grumpily heading to the freezer to grab another patty. Enough tomfoolery, it was time for me to take on the real man's job......the perfect meat. So I again set to work cooking my burger. This time, the tide flowed in my favor, and the burger came out just right. Alex, Andrew and I enjoyed our burgers whilst talking gleefully about the day's outings and what we would do that night.

Liz called and we all decided to head to Starbuck's. Yes! Got to see my love. So we headed down to Starbuck's, where every resident of Garden Grove seemed to be hanging out. We sat for a short time, then drove down to the Block, where we finally realized it was Sunday, and everything was closed for the night. Feeling defeated, it was time for Liz to go home, so we took her home, then drove over to my house. As it got later, we all felt a bit weary, so we drove Alex home, and arrived back at our own homes. I am now sitting here, ready to finish up this entry. I want to thank God for teaching me amazing things every day about how I need to improve and become a better person. I also want to thank Him for all of the beautiful partnerships He's rooted in my life. Without my friends, I wouldn't know what I needed to do to become a better person. I love them all very much, and can't wait to meet more along the way. Ultimately, my friends are amazing, each and every one of them.

0 comments: