THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Blue, Pinstripes and Science




So as of right now, I am reading through the book of Job, and I came across something super awesome. When Elihu is trying to speak some sense into Job about his discourse, he explains how God's work is very apparent in nature, since He controls all of the goings on in nature. He goes on about how "He says to the snow, 'fall on the Earth,' and to the rain shower, 'be a mighty downpour' (Job 37:6)." Elihu also says that "The breath of God produces ice, and the broad waters become frozen" (Job 37:10). The reason this is so awesome to me, is because I always seem to be faced with the question, "does science disprove God?" I will have to argue not. I believe that science is the most attainable knowledge to man. I do not think man can comprehend beyond science. And if man cannot comprehend beyond science, how much less can he comprehend God? Furthermore, I believe God has used science to relate to us on a level.

Right?

So anyway, God gives us these awesome examples of his powers, such as freezing the waters, or telling the rain to be a heavy downpour in order that we may see an inkling of what He truly is. Science is the only true way we can even begin to understand God's power. We can't possibly completely comprehend the beauty, the wrath, the justice, the mercy, the compassion, that God holds. I love that about our Lord. He is above all else, above all comprehension. I have always found a great peace in that.

Praise the Lord for all the great work He does in all our lives. I know I am forever indebted to Him.

0 comments: